It’s a brand new year! The new year is the perfect time for a fresh start. Why not take a step in taking care of yourself by reducing the level of stress in your life? One of the greatest ways we can reduce the levels of stress in our lives is to simplify! That, in and of itself, can and will reduce our stress levels.
While it is true that regular chiropractic care can widen one’s range of adaptability to the stresses of life, it also makes sense to reduce the amount of stress we are under. Here are a few ways you can start simplifying:
- Get 7 hours of good sleep every night. If you’re well rested, your mind will be, too.
- Get up 30-60 minutes earlier than you do now so you can plan your day, exercise, meditate, pray… all the things you tell yourself you don’t have time for now.
- Say “thank you” to those you should acknowledge… make it a daily habit.
- Say “I love you” to those you love… make that a daily habit, too.
- Get rid of stuff you don’t use.
- Finish one thing before you start another.
- Maintain your home, your car, your health, and your relationships.
- Treat other people the way you would want the world to treat you.
- Tell the truth.
- Do the right thing.
- Smile as much as you can.
You can probably think of at least a dozen more simple things that you can do to simplify your life even further… add them to the list! Maybe it’s writing things down, instead of trying to remember everything. Or maybe it’s remembering that we’re not perfect, and it makes sense to give other people a little more slack (especially our loved ones).
By setting and keeping priorities and bringing more civility back to our culture, things can be simpler and less stressful for us all!