We’ve compiled a list of ideas of just a few ways to live fully alive this summer. Join us in our summer bucket list challenge! Here’s how it will work:
- Check as many as you can off the list!
- If you haven’t already, “like” our Facebook page or follow us on Instagram.
- When you complete a bucket list activity, post a picture of you and your friends or family living fully alive on Facebook or Instagram and tag us (Facebook: @Performance Chiropractic, Instagram: @performancechiropractictc), along with the hashtag #livingfullyalive. You must tag us for the points to count!
- The more you check off your list and post, the more points you’ll earn! The more points you earn, the greater your chances are at winning one of our amazing PRIZES!
If you didn’t purchase a State Recreation Passport when you renewed your license registration, we’d highly recommend getting one! They are $16 and can be purchased when you enter a state park. We’d also suggest investing in a Sleeping Bear National Park pass. The cost for an annual pass is $40 and a week-long pass is $20.
- Camp out in your back yard! Set up your tent and enjoy sleeping under the stars!
- Catch a movie at the Cherry Bowl Drive-In Theater!
- Hike a local trail! Pick a new one each week, or even more than one! Here are some ideas…
* Miller Creek
* Sand Lakes Quiet Area
* Brown Bridge Quiet Area
* East Creek Reserve
- Go to a Beach Bums baseball game… or a Whitecaps game… or make it a trifecta and catch a Tigers game!
- Have a bonfire! Instead of s’mores, try the Danish tradition of Snobroed. Ask Dr. Julie how to make them! 🙂
- Visit some of our local beaches! We have many beautiful spots right in town that are easily accessible. Elk Rapids Beach is a fun beach to visit – there’s a great playground and a river to play in. You could also try North Bar, Good Harbor Bay Beach, Haserot, and Hall/Van’s Beach. Pick a new spot and explore!
- Watch a movie on a battleship in Muskegon! On your way to watch the movie, make it a longer trip and stop at Meijer Gardens in Grand Rapids.
- Choose a local farm that offers u-pick fruit! Blueberries, apples, cherries, or peaches… the possibilities are endless!
- Pack a picnic lunch! Enjoy it at a local park or on the beach.
- Try one of our fun summer recipes! Find them on our Facebook page.
- Go for a bike ride on one of the beautiful local trails – try the TART Trail or the Leelanau Trail!
- Kayak, canoe, paddle, or float your way down or across a body of water!
- If you are up for a real adventure, plan a weekend trip to the UP and visit Michigan’s highest point – Mt. Arvon in L’Anse! You can also camp in Fort Wilkins. While you’re in the UP, visit several waterfalls, swim in Lake Superior, hike part of the North Country Trail, explore the Pictured Rocks, or maybe even take a glass-bottom boat trip from Munising.
- Catch a free outdoor movie at the Open Space during the Traverse City Film Festival. Grab a blanket or lawn chairs and enjoy!
- Stop by Handz on Art and create a one-of-a-kind piece of pottery!
- Take a road trip and head to Cognition in Beulah – a hands-on discovery center for kids of all ages!
- Brave the crowds and take in one or more of the free events at the Cherry Festival! The more events, the more points!
- Explore the world of bugs and butterflies at the GT Butterfly House and Bug Zoo in Williamsburg!
- Get a photo with John Landsteiner, US Olympic Gold Medal curler! He’ll be at Right Brain Brewery on Saturday, July 7th, from 2:30 – 4:30 pm. This is a family-friendly event!
- Join us for our Bucket List Bash!!! Celebrate living fully alive this summer and join us for food and fun – Thursday, August 16th from 5-7 pm.