Writer Elbert Hubbard once said, “Happiness is a habit – cultivate it.” What that means is that our habits create us… so why not create habits that serve us and contribute to us instead of habits that hurt us? Here are some suggestions that will contribute to you creating some really good habits… like being happy!
- Develop an attitude of gratitude. Everyone has something that they can be happy about and grateful for.
- Start and end every day with actually writing a list of at least 5 things you are grateful for in your life.
- Relationships either contribute to or detract from your happiness so why not choose those relationships that both contribute to you and contribute to your happiness?
- It’s as good to give as it is to receive. Everyone enjoys being able to add to the human life value of other people. You create happiness by letting others contribute value to you.
- People who do what they love are often both happier and healthier… so find something you love and do it!
- Get a good reason to laugh… not at someone, but about something.
- Enjoy and appreciate nature.
- Be around children… if they can’t make you smile, nothing can.
- Choose happiness!
The happiest people have a clear vision for the present and for the future. They have derived a purpose in life that is bigger than just themselves. Because they have a clear vision and are highly motivated to be happy in their lives, happy people know that they are 100% responsible for their lives and their happiness. They make a conscious choice every single day and they choose happiness… on purpose, and by design. Be true to yourself and you will be happier!